Learn to Play is a program that provides a unique opportunity for athletes to play water polo without the commitment of a regular water polo fall season. 680's Learn to Play's goal is to inspire youth and welcome more families into the water polo community.
The program is an introductory program for all new athletes ages 9 – 12*. The program offers elementary-level training tailored specifically for new players. No water polo experience is needed. ALL participants must be proficient swimmers! We will not teach how to swim.
*Water polo players' ages are determined by age as of Aug 1, 2023. If a child will be 13 or older on Aug 1, 2023, they will be too old for this program. Also, if your child will be 8 or younger on Aug 1, 2023, they will be too young for this program.
1. We will limit registration to 40 athletes
2. Ages: 8-12 years old (DOB Range 8/1/2015 to 8/2/2010) – all genders welcome
3. Minimum Skills needed to participate:
4. Practices: Each Sunday, starting on Sept 18, finishing on Oct 30.
5. Location: Las Lomas High School Pool (1460 S Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596)
6. Times: 12:00 -1:30 pm
7. Coaches: Maddie Denham, Mike Agostino, & 680 Staff
8. Membership Requirement: USWP bronze membership is required to participate. Membership Information can be found with this link Membership under "Athletes."
9. Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org